
Dear Family,
By now, most of you know that Brian and I are engaged. I can't believe it! But, of course, I'm exceedingly excited, and can't stop gushing about how happy I am. That's a good thing, right? ;-)
I thought I'd post this cheesy picture we got taken a day after we got engaged. It was pretty quiet in South Lake Tahoe on a Sunday night, but we found the only party in town--at the Cabo Wabo bar in Harrah's Casino (the Nevada/CA border was walking distance from our hotel)--and had an overpriced tourist photographer take our picture. We're scruffy and windburned from skiing, but obviously very happy. :-) The ring is in the picture, though no picture does it justice, in my opinion. Brian shopped & chose it all himself, which I give him great credit for... it must have been hard, since I have zero interest in jewelry! I certainly didn't expect a proposal, and I never expected a ring of any sort. He did very well, of course, and the ring is absolutely perfect!
So, here's the picture, and a toast to y'all as we approach a happy event. I hope to see you soon, at yet another Miller-Time wedding!
And, yes... I, too, am amazed that Brian proposed even after attending the family reunion last year. I think some amount of alcohol must have been involved, though he denies it.... Maybe it was the lightning burgers??? ;-)
Love,
Cilla
SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH! He is a brave soul to enter this family and for that he gets props! Of course, he is marrying one of the most fantastic women I know.
ReplyDeleteCongratulatins and best wishes. The ring looks beautiful, and I cannot wait to see it up close. I know that the date is July 25th, and I plan to be there unless it is a "closed" event.
ReplyDeleteYou do not look scruffy; you look happy. Love, Aunt Sally